Saturday, August 13, 2011

New Toy - Fanatic 85 TE Freewave

WINDSURFING IS BACK..!  Nothing makes this messed up world seem beautiful again like a warm, windy, sunny day in the middle of summer and a new board.  It was so nice to wear a 3mm shorty again and to have a few extra seconds after peeling off my suit before I have to jump in the truck or risk becoming a frozen windsurfer Popsicle.
  What a beautiful afternoon! The sun almost made it feel like a summers day. The air and water temps were in the 14/18c very comfortable. The wind was pretty steady, especially considering that it was side-on at the launch.  The sun shining on the blue sea made the wind seem stronger that what it was, but I was pleasantly surprised when I hit the water, after having just received my new board and a new 5.3 North Ice. The 85 Team Edition Carbon/Kevlar Freewave build quality is out of this world and as a result I will be a little cautious when trying new moves, (destroyed my last ice spinning out of control on a back loop). My sail and board felt perfect for the conditions for once. I played in the tiny waves around suck ups just to get to know my new toy before dropping down wind to play on the beach.  The beach was crowded with swimmers and surf school groms so decided to beat back up wind.  By now the wind was a good 5/6 and I  needed this session. I've been like a diabetic with low blood sugar, irritable, easily angered, especially by bad wind forecasts. Now I feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment