Sunday, September 30, 2012

AHHHHHHHHH...Winter Approaches.

Monday was quite a special day : the first planning day (on wave kit) since probably more than a month, we finally got a day out sailing we so desperately awaited. Simply driving in the car park
 my heartbeat increased as it was obvious a nice 25/30 knot wind was blowing across the bay.  After a frantic 4.7 rigging frenzy, Matt and I rushed down to the water.
  I am proud to say my wave riding hasn't gone down hill despite the time off the water, in fact it probably getting better considering the last time I had good sailing was when we were in Tenerife. I'm feeling very confident in the bottom turn, pushing as hard as I can on my front foot with my back hand further down the boom, which seems to engage the whole rail way more than it used to, then following up by hitting the lip as hard as I can. On my last few bottom turns (before the wind dropped), I'm coming out the bottom turn with a lot of speed, coming vertical on the wave, then pushed very hard on the back foot to make the top turn, hitting the lip harder and closer to the critical section, taking more speed in my turns, etc. etc. As a result everything seems to come together nicely.
 Unfortunately, the forecast doesn’t look so good as the forecast did, so I'll have to wait for the next blow to get back out on the water for another wave sailing session...


 
No pics from today
so here's a few from happier days
on the 3.7 Goya

Small waves,
 trying to milk the best out of them .

No comments:

Post a Comment