Sunday, April 14, 2013

Waiting for the wind

Short surfing sesh while waiting for the wind to come.

Wondering; should I stay or should I go? Grey skies, with drizzle forecasted, waist to head high dribblers making their way westward  and the water temp has edged down a degree below average. April has arrived it may be grey and cold but the days are dragging out and the water should start warming up soon. All things to look forward to.
Breezy off shores today. Some good waves coming through from time to time but not consistent. An interesting week ahead. Several lows lining up the isobars out to the west which will start to deliver some longer period swell from later today. The hope is the wind will ease back during the day and give us some clean lines before dark.

Paddle back out
 Hope everyone caught some fun surf today . Going through the oodles of pix from today's session  I am always amazed at the cool pictures the Go Pro seems to get . Its always cool to see shots of yourself and friends surfing , but I'm always stoked to see all the odd underwater and trippy color / prism shots. It reminds me of how much I take for granted being out in the ocean and all the cool stuff we get to see

Here's a couple from this mornings fun session at Portinfer






 Best ride was a long right
with Jon B
 
8 degree water
"cold paws"

Sailing, Diving, and Surfing all in the last few weeks... Happy days and they keep coming. Each night I go to bed thinking I'm too tired to surf tomorrow my limbs ache, I can't think straight and my wife keeps saying I'm acting weird... I'm not acting weird I'm just too knackered to answer back I have 'winter surf brain' the cold draws more energy and my brain cells aren't getting fuelled. Even writing this is like some kind of mission.



No comments:

Post a Comment